Lust List: Fall Additions
Happy Friday loves!
Fall is officially here and this season it's all about bringing the focus to your accessories! Your shoes and purses can really make or break an outfit so it's important to be a little more selective and particular since they are a direct reflection of your personal style. I truly believe your shoes can tell a lot about yourself so let people know that you have a fun and stylish side to you! Really, fall is THE season for taking fashion risks, so please have a little fun with your looks and test new trends that are outside of your comfort zone. Play with texture, patterns, layers, cuts and fits, vintage or new, etc. You might even combine a couple of these together! Awesome, take the chance!
Here are a few trends that can easily elevate any of your looks this fall:
1. Leopard print. Leopard is a neutral in my book and I literally combine it with everything! Try a leopard print ballet flat or loafer and pair them with a stripe or plaid pattern up top. If you're feeling a little riskier, I definitely recommend trying out a faux fur coat in leopard print! Uber stylish and can easily be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion.
2. Patent leather. This is one that I wasn't so sure about at first, but the more I've seen it in different variations, the more I'm digging it! I especially like it in red. It's such a 90's throwback, but if done correctly with a modern twist, it's definitely cool!
3. Velvet. It's as easy as choosing a jewel-tone pair of velvet boots over your "safe" black booties. Do it!
4. Faux Fur. Emphasis on faux here! I love faux fur because it's luxurious, rich in texture, and so 70's fashion! I'm not so sure I support the whole "boots with the fur" concept, but I'm really liking the Gucci sliders pictured above. Such a chic and cooler twist on the OG loafer!
5. Embroidery. Embroidery is huge this fall! Gucci alone dedicated a whole collection to this aesthetic! Choose a pair of shoes with intricate floral stitching in vivid colors or add a couple of mismatched quirky patches to a bag or even a denim jacket.
6. Bandana print. You guys know how obsessed I am with bandanas! La la love them! I almost have to stop myself from wearing one every day! For me, adding a bandana is the key to pulling an entire look together. It's an effortless accessory that is subtle but also makes a statement as well. Whether I tie one around my neck or wear it as a headband, it just easily adds a boho touch that I'm really into.
7. Monograms & logos. Tommy Hilfiger, Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Adidas, Pumas... brands are bringing back their iconic logos and I'm loving it, especially since most of these logos have a vintage appeal to them and even bring back childhood memories (90's toddler clothes were the perfect canvas for logos!) Some may say you'll look like a walking ad or billboard if you sport them, but we don't listen to that kind of negativity anyway.
8. Hardware accents. It's the little things that count! Whether it's a monogrammed belt buckle or a horse-bit chain detail on your boots or flats, incorporating items with hardware detailing into your look can add some subtle interest.
Let me know which trend you're excited to stunt this season! Til next time loves! Xoxox